Vigilantes in Pearland…Not Just in Sanford, Not Just Trayvon Martin!
It was just another Tuesday evening in a normally quiet neighborhood in Pearland, Texas, where kids are often found playing with one another and driving go-carts.
A family had just returned from Galveston on a spring break excursion, when upon their return, all of a sudden the unthinkable happened.
“You don’t belong in this neighborhood!”
These are the words that Jules Moor, a 13-year old black child, says that Deanna Johnson, a middle-aged white female, said to him after Johnson slammed her 2011 Jeep Wrangler into his go-cart on Tuesday, March 13, 2012.
STRUCK BY VEHICLE - According to court documents obtained from Jules’ attorney, Sylvester Anderson, Jules went for a ride in his go-cart in his neighborhood with another 13-year old boy who had been spending spring break with the Moor family. A third minor boy, another friend of Jules’, rode a small bicycle behind the go-cart.
Jules saw two cars behind him while driving back home, so he decided to drive his go-cart completely off the road to his right onto the grassy edge of the neighborhood park to avoid being in the way of traffic.
It is then that Jules states that Johnson swung her vehicle across the south-bound lane of the road, ran over the curb onto the grass and deliberately and intentionally rammed her vehicle head-on into the go-cart.
According to Jules, Johnson got out of her vehicle and confronted the boys in a hostile and threatening manner yelling “Where do you live? Who are your parents?” while shaking her finger at the kids. Jules goes on to say, “With all due respect, Ma’am, I live down the street,” to which Johnson allegedly tells him that she didn’t care and that she was calling the police.
Jules called his mother and told her that Johnson had hit his go-cart and didn’t know why.
A MOTHER DISRESPECTED
“He thought he was going to die,” said Theresa Moor, mother of Jules. “All I could do was stop what I was doing, grab my keys and make my way to my child.”
As Theresa arrived, she saw that the go-cart had been damaged severely and learned from Jules that Johnson had accused the boys of not living in the neighborhood. As Theresa approached Johnson to find out what happened, Johnson put her palm up to her face in a dismissive manner, refused to talk, went back to her truck and rolled up the windows.
Frustrated at the way things were transpiring, Theresa contacted the police and several Brazoria County Sherriff’s deputies arrived.
According to Theresa, she overheard Johnson claim that she was trying to “detain” the boys because they looked like some kids that they had seen earlier riding bicycles onto the driveways of houses in the neighborhood.
EXTERNAL INJURIES, INTERNAL SCARS
Jules and the other 13-year old boy in the go-cart sustained back and neck injuries as a result of the wreck. The boys had collars placed on their necks, were placed on stretchers and taken by ambulance to the emergency room of Southeast Memorial Hermann Hospital. They were treated and released, but Jules has since been diagnosed with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) and is seeing a therapist regularly.
According to Theresa, her son has been completely traumatized and has not been the same after the ordeal. He doesn’t wish to talk about the wreck.
“My son is not the same,” says Theresa. “He doesn’t want to play outside anymore or leave the house alone. I just don’t know why she did this to my child.”
It is still unclear why Johnson decided to do what she did. Johnson never apologized for ramming her truck into the go-cart and jeopardizing the lives of the three children and according to witnesses, was seen laughing as she spoke with the Sheriff’s deputies.
Johnson was not arrested or drug-tested upon the admission of her actions. The Sheriff’s department Captain that came on the scene decided not to arrest Johnson upon consulting with the District Attorney.
“I don’t think this was handled properly,” says Anderson.
- southern-cowgirl reblogged this from aeronwy-stormborn
- century-g0thic reblogged this from cocob0ne
- icanseethecntower reblogged this from aesopslostfable and added:
- aesopslostfable reblogged this from cocob0ne
- awkwardcadence reblogged this from aeronwy-stormborn
- onethousandfeetunderthestars reblogged this from evry1luvsamxdgrl
- livesinalibrary reblogged this from evry1luvsamxdgrl and added:
- evry1luvsamxdgrl reblogged this from raviaroundthekrismastree and added:
- intoxikyuted reblogged this from raviaroundthekrismastree
- melodys-sound-like-memories reblogged this from cocob0ne
- semisweetnsour reblogged this from raviaroundthekrismastree
- thestarslightmyway likes this
- boyslikeama reblogged this from raviaroundthekrismastree
- embryogenesis likes this
- raviaroundthekrismastree reblogged this from aeronwy-stormborn
- aeronwy-stormborn reblogged this from cocob0ne
- cocob0ne reblogged this from fatsy-cline and added:
- fatsy-cline reblogged this from chubbyrainbows26 and added:
- cyantificdiscovery reblogged this from chubbyrainbows26 and added:
- christinamartinezx3 reblogged this from chubbyrainbows26
- chubbyrainbows26 reblogged this from simown
- goddessinarmor reblogged this from blackhairproblems
- via-talitha likes this
- lypo-phre-nia reblogged this from borndowntownvenus
- peepdeezcurlz reblogged this from afroboheme and added:
- aladycalledkatie reblogged this from problematick and added:
- booasaur likes this
- problematick reblogged this from thingssheloves
- thosecollegedaze reblogged this from cauzneffect and added:
- skittlestittles likes this
- cauzneffect reblogged this from kingxb92
- kingxb92 reblogged this from dominiquetheuniquefreak
- yourheartismypillow reblogged this from homosexuwell
- notreallynuse reblogged this from homosexuwell
- foreverpruned reblogged this from homosexuwell
- dominiquetheuniquefreak reblogged this from apollostatus and added:
- apollostatus reblogged this from homosexuwell and added:
- hewantsabelle reblogged this from homosexuwell
- this-iznt-our-parade reblogged this from homosexuwell
- homosexuwell reblogged this from adamkarrington
- stariaria reblogged this from returntozero
- mydownlowache reblogged this from kissmygarden
- kissmygarden reblogged this from theoriginaldocmartens
- indigere-novus reblogged this from slornax
- adamkarrington reblogged this from girlswannaknowwhy
- theprettysavage reblogged this from taylortalkstrash
- presidentofsadgirlsclub reblogged this from mytongueisforked
- sexereader reblogged this from mickjonesing
- mickjonesing reblogged this from resolvetofight